Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bombs in Baghdad

Yesterday’s report of more horrendous violence in Baghdad gave me a greater sense of dread than at any time before since a friend of mine returned home there more than a year and a half ago.

She and her family are physically O.K., but this one did come close. This is what she wrote:

"Simultaneously, five huge car bombings exploded at five different zones in Baghdad. One of these occurred in our neighborhood, just two hundred meters (650 feet) away from my house. I was cleaning the kitchen and all of the sudden I felt like the house collapsed on my head. The window's glasses were broken, etc.

There is a school very close to my house. At the moment the explosion occurred, many students were entering and others are leaving the main gate and you can imagine what happened to them.

Legs, arms, other parts of human bodies were thrown here and there. Hundreds of innocents faced their destiny yesterday and others are on the waiting list since the wheels of killing and death are moving very fast in Iraq.

I feel very bad, hopeless, and scared; not from the death itself because this is the normal end for everyone but from the way the Iraqis are loosing their lives.

How many students and kids killed or extremely injured? Why? Till this moment the total number of yesterday’s bloody events is around one thousand persons, still many lying beneath the collapsed buildings and others inside the burned cars……….. Wow, wow, it is unbelievable.

I wish if I can find a job faraway and get out of this hell. I am so sorry for this unpleasant news but I have nothing promising, this is the scenario of the daily life in Iraq since 2003."

No comments: